ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
(invalid IP address) (Gelesen: 490 mal)
Sandro kensan
YaBB Newbies

(invalid IP address)
24.01.24 um 19:02:37

I installed the plugins that arrived via email, in particular I installed the Hits plugin, very nice, it was what I was looking for. The first time I activated the Hits, all the flags of the countries appeared with the IP in succession. But in the top list there is not a flag but the words "(invalid ip address)" in its place.

After a few hours I noticed that all the IPs that appeared in the hits statistics were preceded by the words (invalid ip address) and are normal Italian IPs (clicking on the IP opens the IP description page via the external service).

In particular in the top list there is my IP:
http://geolocation.php-web-statistik.de/index.php?lang=en&address=151.38.43.196
that is a regular IP.

Here the image of the situation:

It seems that the installation of the paid plugins has corrupted some file or I have inadvertently checked some flag which has caused this behaviour.

What can I do?  unentschlossen
Zum Seitenanfang

Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Sandro kensan
YaBB Newbies

Re: (invalid IP address)
Antwort #1 - 25.01.24 um 20:52:33

After having installed the paid plugins and having set the 'AutoApdate country detection' plugin for automatic downloading based on Cron and have update now the files, I found that the geoIP files in the folder

"func/geoip/"

- LocationIP.bin
  - LocationIPv6.bin
  - LocationIPversion.dat

were corrupt and about 200 bytes long as opposed to the kilobytes or megabytes they should be.

I installed them manually by taking them from the official PHPWebStat site and everything is back to working properly with the state flags again present in the statistics but only for the new entries, the previous hits are irremediably incorrect and do not have the flag.

I reinstalled the "AutoApdate country detection" plugin, set it to automatically download and then did "update now" and it corrupted the files in "func/geoip/" again. I reinstalled the files:

- LocationIP.bin
  - LocationIPv6.bin
  - LocationIPversion.dat

manually. in my opinion there is a bug on the update now.
Zum Seitenanfang

Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #2 - 25.01.24 um 21:05:48

Many thanks for this hint. We have to check this properly.
Unfortunately, if the ip address was not detected properly, your old entries stay corrupt.
We will come back to you with a detailed bug analysis.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #3 - 29.01.24 um 14:05:57

Hi there,

we checked this issue and fount out, that we had the same errors in the last year (october) due to concurrent PHP versions.
Our actual geolocation files are working without any problems. So I would suggest to try an update to a newer version of PHP. Maybe this helps.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Sandro kensan
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #4 - 10.02.24 um 20:51:12

Reimar schrieb am 29.01.24 um 14:05:57:
Hi there,

we checked this issue and fount out, that we had the same errors in the last year (october) due to concurrent PHP versions.
Our actual geolocation files are working without any problems. So I would suggest to try an update to a newer version of PHP. Maybe this helps.

Tanks for the reply. The PHP version is tied to many parts of my site and it is very complicated to change it. Thanks for the suggestion to switch to a PHP with a higher version, but for now PHPWebStat works perfectly and the auto apdate of the flags is a marginal problem.
Zum Seitenanfang

Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #5 - 11.02.24 um 21:53:48

Ok thanks for your reply. In another thread, we had a problem with out geolocation binary files, that got corrupted. We fixed this error. Maybe your problem is fixed by this update too? We hope so.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken