Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Statistik Version 20 online.

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Feature request: Filter dates on main screen (Gelesen: 1263 mal)
John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
Feature request: Filter dates on main screen
02.05.23 um 17:44:57

Hello, Reimar and Holger,

On the pages for User Data, Site Visits, Site Referers, Search Engines and Countries of Origin, the data (from high to low) presented is from the start of when WebStat was installed.  In the case of
THIS
one of my sites, it is showing from 27.07.2019 until present.

This is great in general, but sometimes it would be useful to have the capability to enter in a date range.

As an example, in the below Browsers image, it shows that 35% of my visitors since WebStat was installed
4 years ago
were using AppleWebKit, 27% were using Chrome, and 14% for Safari, etc.

However, those percentages are misleading in certain situations.  As an example, I use Chrome-based browsers for maintaining my websites, but a visitor to one of my sites reported to me a few days ago that the site they were visiting does not display correctly for visitors using Firefox.  In order for me to see what percentage of visitors use Firefox, I checked WebStat, and I see that since WebStat was first installed 4 years ago, only 4% of my visitors were using Firefox.  But with the battle of Internet browsers, many users have changed their preferred browsers over the years.  If there was the capability to select a date range in WebStat, for example from April 2022 to May 2023, WebStat would be able to tell me that maybe 25% of my visitors this past year were using Firefox, instead of it currently showing 4% for the past 4 years since WebStat was installed on that domain.

In another situation, content on websites change over the years, and some websites change completely... what was viewable on websites many years ago may be completely different now.  On the Site Visits page, it shows the percentages of page accesses since WebStat was first installed, in this case 4 years ago.  However, it is possible that many (or even most) of those pages no longer exist, in which case those higher percentages of page accesses are useless in determining what recent or current pages are accessed, for example since a website may have been redesigned with new or different content.  If a site was redesigned and the site's content (pages) changed as an example a year ago, if we were able to filter WebStat to show only Site Visits for the past year, the percentages would be more meaningful for us.

I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to add date-range filtering to those pages, and I do not know how many of your other WebStat users would also be interested in that capability and find it useful, but hopefully in the future you could think about this feature for a possible future release of WebStat.

Thank you in advance for considering the above, and have yourselves a great day.

Tschüß,

John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Re: Feature request: Filter dates on main screen
Antwort #1 - 04.05.23 um 21:56:24

Hi John,

thanks for your detailed reply. Long story short: what about using the archive function within the stat? So you can define a date/time range, view the results and store them?

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
Antwort #2 - 04.05.23 um 22:24:38

Nice. 
VERY
nice Smiley.

I did not know this Archive capability existed, but in this situation, for the few times that I would want to know such information, it works perfectly.  Thank you for making me aware of this Archive feature.

Something that I have often wondered about MANY times over the years, is the Countries of Origin page, which shows the number of visitors from each country since logging started, in my case nearly 4 years ago (since 27.07.2019).  Unfortunately, I notice when using the Archive feature, that Countries of Origin is missing Traurig.  Is there a way that I can also filter Countries of Origin to display only a certain date-range?  This is not something that I would check regularly... like the Archive feature, I would only check a specific date-range for Countries of Origin occasionally.  Is that something that this software is currently capable of doing?

Thank you in advance, and thank you again for a wonderful product.

Regards & be safe,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #3 - 11.05.23 um 20:51:43

Hi John,

I was not aware that you have been loyal to us for so long with the statistics. Thank you very much for your support and loyalty.
Indeed, the function with the archive is already quite old, but still amazing. So it's nice that we could help you as a longtime customer.
You are right, it is a mistake that the module "countries" does not appear there. We have already corrected this and it will be included again in the next update.

All the best and best regards
Reimar

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken