Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Last Script Version: 20

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Last Hits now shows MY details instead of VISITORS (Gelesen: 1293 mal)
John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
Last Hits now shows MY details instead of VISITORS
03.11.22 um 07:08:49

Hello, folks.

In the past, when I went I went into Last Hits and I then clicked on the IP addresses, as long as I was logged in as Admin, it would show me a map with the location of those IP addresses.

I don't know when this problem started happening (possibly it was since upgrading to v11 ?), but now when I click on any IP in Last Hits, it shows me only MY details.

Example, if I go back to yesterday, it shows your visit from Germany, and your IP address.  But when I click on your IP address on the Last Hits page, instead of showing your details, it instead shows my IP address, details & location on the map.

There is a note on that page, but I don't understand what that note is saying:

Zitat:
The localization of a specific IP address is only possible for users of the PHP Web Stat from the "Last Hits" level.
The direct access to this page always leads to the result of the own IP localization.

It seems that even though I click on your (or any other IP address) from the Last Hits page, your geolocation.php-web-statistik.de system thinks that I am coming in by direct access instead of from Last Hits.

Is this a know bug?

Thanks in advance & have a great day.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Re: Last Hits now shows MY details instead of VISITORS
Antwort #1 - 08.11.22 um 15:04:28

Hi John,

the geolocation service checks for the http referer. So there is a problem of sending the referer of your browser. Just try another browser, maybe that helps. Let us know if not. Maybe we have to find another solution for this. Or you try another geo service by changing the provider within the admin center.

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #2 - 08.11.22 um 18:05:30

Hi, Reimar, thanks for getting back to me, and for your suggestions.

I think the problem is related to my BRAVE browser's version.  It used to work correctly with BRAVE until recently, so I think that the latest browser update is causing the problem.

I use BRAVE as my primary browser on my main PC, which I use when I access phpWebStat & all other websites.

I carried out testing of phpWebStat using the 3 other browsers that I have installed, and below are the results.  All testing & screenshots are for the same visitor from München (15 Oct 2022 @ 19:54:45) in phpWebStat's Last Hits.

At this time, with the current versions of the below browsers installed, only BRAVE is causing the problem... the 3 other browsers display the correct information.

Until a new version of BRAVE comes out which hopefully fixes whatever the problem is, for the rare times that I need to know the location of a visitor, I can just use another one of my browsers to get their location from phpWebStat's Last Hits, or I can just copy & paste their IP into one of the many websites which do the same thing Smiley.

BRAVE
: 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

User Agent
:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Shows MY location & IP details, instead of VISITORS' details

IRIDIUM
: 2022.04 (Official Build) (64-bit)

User Agent
:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.60 Safari/537.36

Correctly shows VISITORS' location & IP details

VIVALDI
: 5.4.2753.40 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

User Agent
:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.105 Safari/537.36

MICROSOFT EDGE
: 107.0.1418.35 (Official build) (64-bit)

User agent
:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/107.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/107.0.1418.35

Again, it's nice to know that the problem is not with phpWebStat, but instead with my browswer.

Sorry to have been a pest.

Tschüss,

John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #3 - 09.11.22 um 04:13:15

I did some more testing, by uninstalling BRAVE & then reinstalling older versions, including a version from back in February 2022, and
none
of the versions of BRAVE displayed the location & details in Last Hits correctly.

So when I mentioned earlier in this post that it used to work correctly, I was wrong, as it would seem that I was using the VIVALDI browser when it was working correctly, until I switched to BRAVE at some point earlier this year.  And for the past few years before that I had been using IRIDIUM browser, which has also always worked correctly.

So going forward, as I don't want to stop using BRAVE as my regular browser, whenever I need to see details of an IP in Last Hits I will just access phpWebStat using IRIDIUM Smiley, which is my backup browser.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken