Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Statistik Version 20 online.

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Percentage bar does not load in ie6 (Gelesen: 19343 mal)
Piet
YaBB Newbies

Percentage bar does not load in ie6
19.12.07 um 14:55:59

I recently discovered this incredible stats tool - and it is a very useful tool for my site. I just noticed that the percentage bar does not load in Internet Explorer 6.0.

In Firefox 2 the percentage bars display correctly:

But in internet explorer 6 nothing is being displayed:

I have heard that ie has problems with displaying some png images. I also noticed that you made use of the fix for this when you used:
img, div { behavior: url(func/iepngfix.htc) }

in the style sheet - but it does not seem to make a difference.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Husky
Global Moderator

Re: Percentage bar does not load in ie6
Antwort #1 - 19.12.07 um 18:26:10

Hi Piet,

I can't retrace that with the IE6 - I have only the IE7  Griesgrämig. But, with the IE7 is the display OK.  Smiley

regards
Husky
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

JeKoPhoto
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #2 - 20.12.07 um 11:42:53

Hi Piet,

I am using v3.1.0 and v3.1.22 without having trouble in Internet Explorer 6 (version 6.0.2900.2180).
Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

best regards,
Jens

//edit: If you want you can give me a link to your webstat so I could have a look at it with my IE.
Zum Seitenanfang

Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #3 - 20.12.07 um 20:19:28

I am using the exact same version of Internet Explorer 6 (version 6.0.2900.2180). I have even tested it on another computer with Internet Explorer 6, and still got the same problem.

Husky schrieb am 19.12.07 um 18:26:10:
But, with the IE7 is the display OK.  Smiley

I haven't got IE7 - but I tested it in Firefox 2, Opera and Safari and the percentage bar displayed perfectly. It is only in Internet Explorer 6 in which it didn't display at all.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Husky
Global Moderator

Antwort #4 - 20.12.07 um 20:34:43

Hi Piet - the problem seems encircled!

JeKoPhoto test it with his IE6 - and it works! And all other Browser works! Only your Version of IE6 doesn't work - what will say us that?
The problem isn't THE IE6 - it is YOUR IE6  Zwinkernd

best regards
Husky
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #5 - 20.12.07 um 20:59:06

I have made quite an interesting discovery now. I installed PHP webstat on my local computer's server (localhost) - and this time the percentage bars displayed in ie6. So this means it must have something to do with our host, causing internet explorer not to display the percentage bars.

Our host server uses PHP 5.0.4 and has GD (2.0.34) and freetype support. My computer's server (localhost) has PHP 5.2.5 and also GD enabled.

So what could possible cause our host sever to let the percentage bar display in Firefox, Opera and Safari but not in ie6?

Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #6 - 20.12.07 um 22:01:26

Maybe a ad blocker or somethin is causing this prob ?
Try to disable alle progs, plugins or addons if installed.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #7 - 22.12.07 um 10:43:21

Reimar schrieb am 20.12.07 um 22:01:26:
Maybe a ad blocker or somethin is causing this prob ?
Try to disable alle progs, plugins or addons if installed.

There is no ad blocker, and I also don't have any plugins or add-ons installed.

I have now managed to fix the problem. I just saved the transparent PNG file: percentimage_front.png as a transparent GIF file: percentimage_front.gif - and renamed all the percentimage_front.png in the file func_display.php to percentimage_front.gif. I also removed the
Code:
img, div { behavior: url(func/iepngfix.htc) } 

line from the stylesheet - since there was no use for it anymore. Now the percentage bar displays perfectly in ie6.

Why was percentimage_front.png ever saved as a transparent PNG, knowing well that Internet Explorer has problems displaying transparent PNG files and then forcing you to use func/iepngfix.htc - which doesn't even always work (did not work perfectly on my localhost when testing the php web statistik script out). Why not just stick with transparent GIF in the first place?
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #8 - 22.12.07 um 13:09:38

Good question why not to use a transparent GIF instead of this ... we will take into our Todo list.
Thanks for testing and giving us this hint.

Merry Xmas
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #9 - 06.06.08 um 00:18:08

I find it very surprising that we are now in v3.5 - and that this problem has not yet been fixed.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #10 - 06.06.08 um 14:53:39

strange ... we had the same problem again with the IE6, but fixed it a few days before ...  so maybe you download the version again and replace the files ...
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #11 - 07.06.08 um 18:22:23

I updated to the latest version (v3.5.8) - but it seems the update instructions did not cover the step to fix this problem. But when I do a clean install of the latest version, the percentage bars are displayed correcting in ie6.

I see you are still making use of transparent PNG images. Why did you not switch over to transparent GIF images?

Can you let me know what changes were made to fix this problem, so that I can make the necessary changes?
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #12 - 08.06.08 um 21:47:35

If the problem does not occur anymore after a clean install, I would prefer you upload all files of the newest version to your server, specially the folders /themes, /func and /images.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #13 - 10.06.08 um 21:26:04

I uploaded the latest version (replacing all existing files) - except for the 'config' and 'log' folder, but I am still getting the same problem. Maybe the problem is server related. I think I will just go back to the way I fixed it before, as mentioned here.

My question is still: why not just use transparent GIF images? Then there is also no need to use the file func/iepngfix.htc
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Rumbelstilzchen
Global Moderator

Antwort #14 - 10.06.08 um 21:58:59

other question: why using a browser that doesn't support the simplest things (png) and doesn't obey complex CSS

Try Opera, Firefox, Safari..
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #15 - 10.06.08 um 22:27:39

The reason for a PNG image is the fact that GIF images do not support half transparency. So we need a PNG image to use different style sheets.

The file func/html_header.php is the main file that has to be replaced to run without problems in the IE6.

Maybe you should empty the whole cache of the IE6. I hope that it will run then properly.
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Piet
YaBB Newbies

Antwort #16 - 21.06.08 um 11:20:48

Rumbelstilzchen schrieb am 10.06.08 um 21:58:59:
other question: why using a browser that doesn't support the simplest things (png) and doesn't obey complex CSS

I actually use firefox 2 myself, but other users who check our stats use ie6.

Reimar schrieb am 10.06.08 um 22:27:39:
The reason for a PNG image is the fact that GIF images do not support half transparency. So we need a PNG image to use different style sheets.

The file func/html_header.php is the main file that has to be replaced to run without problems in the IE6.

Maybe you should empty the whole cache of the IE6. I hope that it will run then properly.

I went through the whole procedure again, but still the same problem. Why the use of half transparencies? I don't see the difference in firefox when switching between the "half transparent" png and transparent gif.

I found an interesting thread in another forum about someone who was experiencing the same problem as me with half transparent png's not displaying in ie6. You can read about it here:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-design-lobby/20973-transparent-png-s-ie.html

Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken