Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Last Script Version: 20

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Last Hits chronological sort order (Gelesen: 355 mal)
John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
Last Hits chronological sort order
12.01.24 um 14:33:30

Hallo Reimar und Holger, euch beiden und euren Familien ein frohes neues Jahr.

When viewing the Last Hits in its pop-up window, by default the entries are listed with the newest hits for the day at the top, and the oldest hits for the day at the bottom, as shown in the left screenshot in the image below.  In many ways, that chronological order makes perfect sense, as the visitor/administrator can see at a glance the most-recent hit(s) at the top of the listing, without having to (sometimes) scroll down to the bottom of the window to see the newest entries.

However, and maybe it is just me that thinks this, but that reverse chronological order is not the easiest for my brain Schockiert/Erstaunt.  The default reverse chronological order is similar to numbers being displayed as 987654321 instead of 12345678, and the alphabet being displayed as GFEDCBA instead of ABCDEFG Laut lachend.  So for the past 15 years that I've been using WebStat, when viewing Last Hits on my websites, I have always reversed the display, so that Last Hits shows the oldest hits for the day at the top, and the newest hits for the day at the bottom (in essence, 123456789), as shown in the right screenshot in the image above.  Many times when there are a lot of entries for the day being displayed, I need to scroll down to the bottom of the window to see the most-recent entries, but I am OK with that, as the chronological time order makes more sense to my brain.

I don't know how many (if any) of your other WebStat users might like this option also, but I would like to suggest, if it is not too difficult for you, to add in a future release of WebStat an option (checkbox) in Last Hit's settings (Plugin Configuration) to have WebStat display the times in chronological order if the checkbox is checked, and to display the times as it is now (newest at the top) is the checkbox is NOT checked... or something similar.

Anyone else who uses the Last Hits plugin interested in this capability?

Thank you in advance for considering the above.

Tschüß and have yourselves a great day & weekend,

John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Re: Last Hits chronological sort order
Antwort #1 - 12.01.24 um 14:46:51

If it would be as simple as me changing your code in just 1 place in a file (perhaps in \plugins\lasthits\index.php ?) in order to reverse the display of the entries in Last Hits, that would be great & I would be fine doing it that way, to save you making any changes to WebStat.

Thank you in advance.
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #2 - 12.01.24 um 21:04:27

Hi John, many thanks for the nice New Year greetings. Holger and I also wish you and your loved ones a great and happy 2024.

We can understand that this feature can be beneficial and keep it as an option on our list for the future.

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #3 - 12.01.24 um 22:18:13

Reimar schrieb am 12.01.24 um 21:04:27:
We can understand that this feature can be beneficial and keep it as an option on our list for the future.

Thank you in advance.  I don't know how easy or difficult it would be for you to implement that option.  For me at least, it is NOT important, as I am in WebStat on my various websites only infrequently, only when I need to look up the IP location sometimes for various specific visitors, so I can easily those times just change the sort order when I'm in the Last Hits display Smiley.

Regards,
John

Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken