Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Last Script Version: 20

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Settings clarification (Gelesen: 1139 mal)
John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
Settings clarification
07.05.23 um 11:11:48

Hello Reimar and Holger,

I have a question pertaining to Domain under General Settings.

To make it easy for you to understand what I am asking in this post, please refer to this screenshot:

Please note that the screenshot is NOT of my site's screen... I used copy & paste to dispaly the 3 sites' settings next to each other for comparison Cool.

As you can see, I am using Webstat installed on 3 different sites:

www.domain.com
sue.domain.com
galleries.domain.com

I am using 3 separate installs of Webstat, because I want the Webstat information to be unique for each site, which is why I am not using a single install of Webstat to track all 3 sites.

My uncertainty is with
Which domains should be tracked by the stat
, which is identical for all 3 installations of Webstat:
genealogywings.com

Because I have the same domain to be tracked for all 3 Webstat installations, is this causing a problem in that my 3 installations of Webstat are not tracking accurately?

Thank you in advance & have yourselves a great day.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Re: Settings clarification
Antwort #1 - 11.05.23 um 21:08:11

Hi John,

good question Zwinkernd

First of all, the description of "Which domains should be tracked by the stat" is not quite perfect, so in your case you should go with these settings:

In the case for www.domain.com: enter "domain.com" in this particular setting "Which domains should be tracked by the stat"

In the case for sue.domain.com: enter "sue.domain.com" in this particular setting "Which domains should be tracked by the stat"

In the case for galleries.domain.com: enter "galleries.domain.com" in this particular setting "Which domains should be tracked by the stat".

Normaly, the domains are accessible via "domain.com" and "www.domain.com". In these cases, its just sufficient to enter "domain.com". But if you are really using subdomains (other than "www."), you should enter the full domain name.

But there is another issue: the stat for the main domain "domain.com" tracks also all sub domains right now! That is something that we are going to investigate and analyze further. Meanwhile, please change accordingly, and you will get valid values within the "sue" and "galleries" stats. Only the master stat has as "problem" right now.

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #2 - 11.05.23 um 23:26:34

Thans for your clarification, Raimar.

Reimar schrieb am 11.05.23 um 21:08:11:
In the case for www.domain.com: enter "domain.com" in this particular setting "Which domains should be tracked by the stat"

Normaly, the domains are accessible via "domain.com" and "www.domain.com". In these cases, its just sufficient to enter "domain.com". But if you are really using subdomains (other than "www."), you should enter the full domain name.

I assume that there is no problem for me to use www.domain.com instead of just domain.com?

Reimar schrieb am 11.05.23 um 21:08:11:
But there is another issue: the stat for the main domain "domain.com" tracks also all sub domains right now!

I will run a test, by renaming one of my main site's installation setting, from domain.com to www.domain.com.

Then I will access galleries.domain.com, and see if it is only tracked on my galleries.domain.com webstat installation, and no longer tracked on my main site's www.domain.com webstat installation, or if it is still tracked on my main site's www.domain.com webstat installation as well.

I will report back to you my findings.

Thanks for your reply, and have yourself a great day.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang
« Zuletzt geändert: 12.05.23 um 04:42:41 von John Motyer »  

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #3 - 12.05.23 um 04:40:55

John Motyer schrieb am 11.05.23 um 23:26:34:
I will run a test, by renaming one of my main site's installation setting from domain.com to www.domain.com

Unfortunately, even though in the settings I changed one of my domains, from domain.com to www.domain.com, when I clicked Save the www portion was stipped from www.domain.com, leaving me with just domain.com again.  So WebStat is stripping off any mention of www Augenrollen.  It was worth a try.
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #4 - 01.06.23 um 21:06:56

Hi John,

sorry for the late reply.
We always strip the domain settings as you already found out. We take away the www. part, thats why you can track all subdomains of *.example.com with having the value example.com set within the settings.

Best wishes
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken