Willkommen Gast. Bitte Einloggen oder Registrieren

Sprache wählen:

Last Script Version: 20

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrieren  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
On some sites, clicking IP in Last Hits fails (Gelesen: 3660 mal)
John Motyer

Burlington (Toronto), Canada
On some sites, clicking IP in Last Hits fails
29.05.22 um 10:21:11

Hello Holger/Reimar,

I've had this problem on some of my sites since last year (if not before).

On sites that I have purchased your Plugin-Pack for, when I am logged in and I go into Last Hits, some sites work fine, whereby when I click on IP addresses, phpWebStat goes out to, for example, and displays details such as location of that IP address.

However, on SOME of my sites, when I am logged in and I click on IP addresses, instead of going out to your geolocation.php-web-statistik.de, it instead tries to go out to (which in this case is the website that I'm running phpWebStat from).

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance & have yourselves a great day.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
| AuroraWings | FusionWings | GalleryWings | GenealogyWings | +7 more
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Holger
Administrator

Germany NRW
Re: On some sites, clicking IP in Last Hits fails
Antwort #1 - 29.05.22 um 13:39:34

Hello John,

You can set the query in the lasthits plugin configuration. If php-web-statistics.de is set there, you should always get to our service. Please check this setting.

Regards,
Holger
Zum Seitenanfang

... ... ...
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #2 - 29.05.22 um 14:21:00

php-web-statistics.de was set in all my phpWebStat installations.

But I did find the problem, though.

All of my sites that were redirecting to my own domain, for example, to https://www.nitrowings.me/webstats/plugins/lasthits/037.201.17.30 instead of actually to php-web-statistics.de as configured in each of the Last Hit plugins, were all using PHP 8.1.0, and the sites that were running PHP 7.x were all working correctly and actually redirecting to php-web-statistics.de, as they should.

As a test, one of my sites that was redirecting incorrectly, I temporarily changed it from PHP 8.1.0 to PHP 7.4.0, and it redirected correctly.  When I switched it back to PHP 8.1.0, it redirected incorrectly again.

I will go through my settings for PHP 7.4.0 and 8.1.0, and confirm that the settings are the same.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #3 - 29.05.22 um 14:35:40

I compared my settings between the php.ini files in PHP 7.4.0 and 8.1.0, and all the settings in their php.ini files are identical (except the settings that are new in 8.1.0 that were not in 7.4.0).

I even did a clean install of phpWebStat onto one of my sites, with absolutely no modifications to any file whatsoever, and still that redirect problem of not going correctly to php-web-statistics.de

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Holger
Administrator

Germany NRW
Antwort #4 - 29.05.22 um 22:20:51

Hello John,

Thanks for your feedback.
When using PHP 8 we were able to locate a problem which we will fix in the next update of the plugins.

Many Thanks
Holger
Zum Seitenanfang

... ... ...
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #5 - 30.05.22 um 08:16:21

Much appreciated for discovering over the weekend where the problem is.

And totally understood that any changes that I make to any & all of the phpWebStat files, such as my 2 includes and module-order changes in my index.php files, will be overwritten with each new release.

Have yourselves a great week, and thank you again for a wonderful product.

Tschüß,

John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #6 - 17.01.23 um 20:33:09

Holger schrieb am 29.05.22 um 22:20:51:
When using PHP 8 we were able to locate a problem which we will fix in the next update of the plugins.

Hello again, Holger,

I think that maybe not only IP Last Hits is affected & not working with PHP v8, but also AutoUpdate Country Detection.

Am I correct that AutoUpdate Country Detection automatically updates every month, without the administrator needing to do anything?  Because it is not updating automatically for me, and I need to manually go into AutoUpdate Country Detection and then click on Update Now, even with the plugin Enabled.  My current PHP is now 8.2.1.

Thanks in advance, and have yourself a great day.

Tschüß,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #7 - 13.02.23 um 08:02:38

Hello gents,

I am confused with the updates listed on your website.

I am currently running v11 on my 13 websites.  In my Admin Centers for all my installations, they all show:

Running Version: 11
Latest Stable Version: 11

However, in the right frame, it shows:

Statistic & plugin updates v11 released (16.10.2022), and mentions, "Next to a few enhancements and a lot of optimizations, several bugs have been fixed.".

Was that the original v11 release on 16.10.2022, or was it an update on 16.10.2022 to the original v11 release?

I downloaded the v11 Stat Update & v11 Plugin Update and installed them both on one of my sites, but my Stats still show v11 instead of v11.1 or v11.0.1, etc.

I am running PHP 8.2.1, but have no idea if WebStat supports PHP that high, and I am still having issues with the Last Hits Plugin showing my IP & location when IPs are clicked on, instead of the visitors' IPs & locations.

Also, although I have WebStat AutoUpdate Country plugin set to auto-update (Enabled) on all my sites, none of my sites are auto-updating each month, and I have to manually click on Update Now.

I have no idea if the visitors' IPs & locations problems, and the auto-update not updating, is related to my PHP 8.2.1, or if it is something else.

When I go into Last Hits, and select one of the IPs, it takes me to (for example):

http://geolocation.php-web-statistik.de/index.php?lang=en&address=168.119.68.185

...but it shows me MY IP and MY location.

I note the following from your site when my WebStats look up an IP:

The localization of a specific IP address is only possible for users of the PHP Web Stat from the "Last Hits" level.
The direct access to this page always leads to the result of the own IP localization.

You had mentioned last year that it is all my browsers (4 different browsers) that are all causing WebStat to display my IP & location instead of visitors' IPs & locations.  I am hoping that since then you have been able to find a solution for WebStat to show the proper visitors' IPs & locations.  All my browsers are Chrome-based.

Thank you in advance & have yourselves a great week.

Regards,
John
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Reimar
Administrator

Antwort #8 - 14.02.23 um 11:03:56

Hi John,

this behavior occurs because Chrome no longer transmits the referer. Unfortunately, we don't have a wordaround yet, except for the recommendation to choose another service provider in the Admin Center as long as we do.

Regarding the updates: everything is fine, you do not need another update. On the right panel, there are notifications about new released, including an date value. This is just misleading for you, but its not a problem.

Regarding the auto update of the country detection: yep you are right. All chrome browers currently have this issue Griesgrämig. It's a problem where we have to dive in to solve. Thanks for that hint.

Best regards
Reimar
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

John Motyer

Antwort #9 - 16.02.23 um 20:48:31

Zitat:
this behavior occurs because Chrome no longer transmits the referer. Unfortunately, we don't have a workaround yet, except for the recommendation to choose another service provider in the Admin Center as long as we do.
All these years that I've been using WebStats, and I did not know that I could change the GeoIP service providers Augenrollen.

Zitat:
Regarding the auto update of the country detection: yep you are right. All chrome browers currently have this issue Sad. It's a problem where we have to dive in to solve. Thanks for that hint.
Thanks for looking into this in the coming months.  For now, I just wrote a little batch file, that once I manually download the monthly geoip2.zip file once, the batch file automatically copies the (extracted) new GeoIP files to each of my 13 WebStats installations Smiley.

Thanks again for a great product.
Zum Seitenanfang

My phpWebStats:
Homepage  
IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken